Can you believe that summer is right around the corner? Now that May is here, you might be starting to plan your summer getaways and family vacations. But, before you hit the road for your much-deserved time off, make sure you prepare your car for summer.
Here are a few things to get inspected to make sure your car is road-trip ready.
- Air conditioning. As the temperatures rise, you don’t want to be without your air conditioning. Have it inspected to make sure it is working in optimal condition.
- Cooling system. The biggest cause of summer breakdowns is an overheated car. Your car’s cooling system should be inspected, flushed, and refilled about every two years.
- Tires. Examine your tires to check for any signs of abnormal wear, inadequate tread depth, or signs of cracks. If your car pulls to one side, you likely need an alignment.
- Battery. The extreme heat of summer can wreak havoc on a battery. Have it tested to make sure it has enough juice left to make it through the summer.
- Windshield wipers. If your windshield wipers are leaving streaks or have cracks in the blades, it’s time for a new set.
Schedule a service appointment today at Brighton Honda and our trained service technicians can make sure your car is ready for the summer ahead.