For Earth Day this year, which took place on April 22nd, Kelley Blue Book made a list of the Best Eco-Friendly Cars on the market for under $40,000, compiling hybrid, plug-in hybrid, and electric cars from across the auto industry. The list included the Honda Accord Hybrid, the acclaimed hybrid version of Honda’s popular mid-size sedan.
KBB.com made a few different lists for different car categories and the Accord Hybrid made the 10 Best Hybrids list. KBB cited the Accord Hybrid’s well-integrated powertrain as well as its comfort, convenience, and high resale value for its decision to include the vehicle. Notably, it is the most powerful sedan on the list and the only one with horsepower rated at over 200.
The Accord Hybrid has been refreshed for the 2017 model year, bringing better fuel economy than the previous year, as well as more features and amenities. It also comes with the next generation of Honda’s two-motor hybrid powertrain. For more information on Honda’s ecofriendly vehicles or to schedule a test drive for the Honda Accord Hybrid, give us a call at Brighton Honda.
For the longest time, there were foreign cars that just weren’t available to drivers in the United States; the Civic Type R was one of those cars. However, there’s good news for Honda fans everywhere. The Civic Type R is coming to the United States this spring. Here’s everything that you need to know about this highly anticipated vehicle.
For those who do not know, the Civic Type R is a specialty vehicle created by Honda that was previously limited to countries outside the United States.
“The fastest, most powerful Honda ever sold in America, the Type R caps off the incredible success story of our 10th-generation Civic lineup,” Jeff Conrad, a senior vice president at American Honda Motor Co., said in a statement. “We’re happy to inform our US enthusiasts that the long wait for the forbidden fruit of Honda Type R performance is nearly over.”
Drivers will not be disappointed. Under the hood, they’ll find a 2.0-liter turbocharged inline four-cylinder engine that gets an impressive 306 horsepower.
For more on the new Civic Type R, keep your eyes and ears open. You’ll start seeing them on the road beginning in the spring and you can read more about it here. Of course, you’re also welcome to check in with us at Brighton Honda for any updates!
As we move further into 2017, the environment becomes an increasingly important topic. As such, there will be plenty of celebrations all around the world for this year’s Earth Day. Here are just a few ways that you can celebrate Earth Day this year.
Leave the car at home
In a show of solidarity, feel free to leave your car home for the day. As we move closer to clean technology, it’s an important step. If you can, try biking or taking public transportation to work.
It sounds gross, but the average shower uses a lot of energy and water, and you can do your part on Earth Day by skipping out on the shower for once. Just be sure to use deodorant!
Write to the government
If you’re unhappy about the current environmental situation, write to your local government, as well as the federal government. Change has to start somewhere.
What better way to celebrate Earth Day than by actually getting out in the environment and doing something to make a difference. There will be plenty of different events going on.
No matter how small of an action you think it is, it’s always better to do something rather than nothing on Earth Day to show your support for cleaning up the environment. We here at Brighton Honda love to see change in action.
Earlier this year, at the North American International Auto Show, the all-new 2017 Honda Ridgeline was named the North American Truck of the Year. This is the second time the Ridgeline has earned this prestigious award, with the first honor earned in 2006.
“This award is a prized validation of the innovations and advantages the Ridgeline offers midsize pickup truck customers and a great recognition of the American development team’s work,” said John Mendel, Executive Vice President of American Honda Motor Co., Inc. “This is a terrific way to kick off 2017, and we’re looking forward to sharing more innovative Honda products in the year ahead.”
Choosing the winners for the North American truck and car of the year is a group of more than 50 automotive journalists from across the country. These awards are unique and significant, since they are not associated with a single publication or media organization.
The Ridgeline impressed the judges with its versatility, performance, innovative features, overall value, and excellent safety.
If you’re ready to drive home in one of the best pickup trucks on the market today, experience the 2017 Honda Ridgeline at Brighton Honda today.
Photo by Rclick-wiki.
If you’re a movie lover, then you’ll appreciate how hard Hollywood is working to please you. Movies are bigger, bolder, and cost more than ever to ensure viewers are thrilled in the theater. Here are some of the best new movies coming out this spring.
- Logan. One might think we’ve seen the last of Hugh Jackman playing Wolverine, but we’ll get another chance to see him in the new movie Logan, which comes out March 3rd.
- Before I Fall. Coming out March 3rd, this film (based on a novel of the same name) makes you think about what you would do if you could go back in time to change one day of your life.
- Kong: Skull Island. If you love watching big beasts battle it out, be sure to head to the theater on March 10th for the latest installment of the King Kong saga.
- Beauty and the Beast. The classic Disney tale comes to life with Emma Watson playing Belle. It comes out on March 17th.
- The Zookeeper’s Wife. This is the riveting, real-life story of a woman who was a hero to hundreds in war-torn Poland during World War II. It will be released on March 31st.
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2. Watch your favorite galaxy-saving guardians come together again in the next Marvel comic adventure on May 5th.
Which spring movies are you most excited about?
It’s hard to believe that the Honda Odyssey could adapt even more to a family’s needs, but the new 2018 Honda Odyssey is the minivan will prove that a family ride can get even better. This model will be coming out soon!
Not too much has changed in the Honda Odyssey’s silhouette; however, a redesigned front end does show off a new chrome grille. Where this new minivan shines is on the inside. There is plenty of flexible room for cargo and passengers, whether children or adults. The Honda Magic Seat technology makes it easy to fold seats in different configurations, depending on your cargo needs. A sliding second row provides easy access to the back seats and allows you to keep your second row passengers within arm’s reach.
No matter where your passengers sit, they’ll have plenty to do. A rear seat entertainment system features a ceiling-mounted 10.2-inch screen that can connect to services like PBS Kids and Spotify. But even tucked away in the third row, no one will feel excluded. The 2018 Honda Odyssey creates a social ride for all.
A new feature called Social Play List allows all passengers to upload their favorite songs from their smartphones so that everyone gets a turn on the playlist. Features like CabinWatch and CabinTalk use the 8-inch display screen, rear cameras, and the rear speakers to let parents monitor their kids in the back seat.
With these features and more, it’s clear that the 2018 Honda Odyssey will offer a new kind of ride experience.
One of the most exciting parts about Valentine’s Day is finding new and surprising ways to show your partner how much you care. Instead of leaving a note on the bed or sending flowers to their workplace, make your love known in an unexpected location—their car! There are lots of ways to hide Valentine’s Day surprises in a car or truck. Here are some of our favorites.
Leave a Note
Leave a short and sweet love letter on your partner’s dashboard, windshield, or steering wheel. You could also write the things you love about your partner on post-it notes and stick them all over the inside of their car.
Give a Clean Start
Does your partner tend let his or her vehicle get a little messy? Surprise them by having their car cleaned inside and out. For an added sweet touch, purchase a car vase and leave some flowers inside.
Make sure your partner takes your love with them on the road by leaving sweet and thoughtful decorations he or she will love. Pick out a decorative steering wheel cover or a cute air freshener that will make your partner think of you. Anything you can do to make your partner feel loved and cherished during their daily commute is a gift they will never forget.
Cars can be confusing, what with all their moving parts, upkeep, and that incredibly long owner’s manual. It’s easy to find yourself overwhelmed when talking about cars, especially if the other person is an expert. Here are a few common automotive terms to know, courtesy of us here at Brighton Honda.
- Horsepower – While many know that more horsepower means a faster car, that isn’t all there is to a car’s speed. Horsepower is the measure of an engine’s power The average sedan will achieve anywhere from 100 hp to 400 hp.
- Torque – The second major factor in a car’s speed, torque is often measured in lb-ft. Defined as the measurement for the force needed to rotate an axis around an object, larger vehicles generally have higher torque. Trucks and SUVs designed to tow or haul heavy loads will have much higher torque than the average sedan.
- Direct Fuel Injection – Simply put, Direct Fuel Injection is the system that regulates how much fuel flows into the engine. Overall, this system increases fuel economy and more power compared to indirect fuel injection.
- Traction Control – A standard technology on most vehicles, traction control detects when a car is about to skid. The system adjusts the power to avoid wheelspin in order to give the driver more time to react.
While buying a used car has become incredibly viable due to the price of new cars, the price could come with a few surprises. Hidden damage could cost a fortune in repairs. We here at Brighton Honda have five things to look out for when buying a used car.
- Leaks – If a car is leaking oil, anti-freeze, or any other type of fluid, it could be a cause for worry. To check to see if the car you’re considering has any leaks, take a test drive and stop on a clean, dry part of the road. Idle for a minute or two then pull forward. If you see any liquid on the ground, it may be a good idea to pass on the car.
- Reviews – Checking out the model as a whole is a great idea when buying a used car. Reviewers often list common problems, defects, and overall impressions and experiences.
- Vehicle History Report – Any seller should have a vehicle history report available. If they don’t consider shelling out a few bucks to get one. The report will list any accidents, major repairs, ownership history, and more.
- Interior – Before buying, make sure you do a full inspection of the car’s interior. Look for tears in the upholstery, stains in the carpet, and use your nose. The smell of cigarette smoke isn’t something you can get rid of just by opening the windows.
- Exterior – Give the car’s exterior a good inspection. Rust and leaks could be signs of major problems sooner rather than later. Minor scratches and dents are common and aren’t too much cause for worry. Larger damages are something to take into account when negotiating the price though.
Buying a vehicle is one of the most important financial decisions that people have to make. The right car will provide you with many years of value, while the wrong car can continue to cost you more and more money with each year that passes. Here are three simple reasons why you should buy a used car.
This is maybe the biggest reason why you should avoid purchasing a brand-new car. The minute that you drive your new car off of the lot, it loses approximately 20% of its value. After one year of driving it, it will lose another 10% of its value. Purchasing something that loses value that quickly simply is not a strong investment.
Reducing Hidden Costs
When purchasing a new car, many people think that the sticker price is the only thing that they have to pay. However, both insurances fees and registration fees are generally higher for new cars. Buying a used car can help you keep those prices down.
Finding Real Value
While buying a used car may have once had a stigma attached to it, there are now so many ways to check a vehicle’s history to ensure that you are purchasing a quality vehicle. Also, many new models of cars are almost exactly the same as the previous year’s model, so purchasing a two year old car will essentially be the same as a brand new car.