You love your Honda car, but did you know the overall Honda Motor Company has a long lineup of products? We’ll take a look at some of the other things they produce and answer the question, “What does Honda make?”
- Motorcycles. After automobiles, motorcycles are one of Honda’s most popular products. Honda has been producing motorcycles since 1955, but first came to the United States in the 1960s.
- Power equipment. Honda has a full lineup of power equipment that ranges from engines, lawn mowers, pumps, generators, and various outdoor small power tools (hedge trimmers, blowers, etc.).
- Robots. For decades has been working on building robots that can work alongside humans. The most recent build is ASIMO, which can climb stairs, walk, talk, dance, and do other human actions.
- Aircraft. In 2006, Honda branched out to form the Honda Aircraft Company, which now produces the HondaJet, a small business jet.
- ATV. Honda offers a lineup of four-wheeled all-terrain vehicles.
- Engines. Of course Honda produces engines for its own vehicles, but many other manufacturers use Honda engines in their vehicles. In the 2010 Indianapolis 500, all 33 cars were powered by Honda engines.